Paz Horowitz Abogados is one of Ecuador's leading law firms in energy and natural resources. Legal services provided by Paz Horowitz Abogados include negotiating and implementing engineering and acquisition contracts for important electric and hydroelectric generators and facilities in the country. Through its many years of experience, Paz Horowitz Abogados has been able to participate and advise clients in various renewable energy projects both nationally and internationally.
Among our services:
- Due diligence in energy law and other areas required such as: corporative, environmental, labour, taxation, others.
- Investment planning.
- Analysis and implementation of corporate structures for energy projects.
- Legal counseling in processes for obtaining different governmental permits to operate energy projects in Ecuador; licenses and regulatory matters.
- Legal counseling in M&A processes, financing processes, environmental matters, projects of power generation and photovoltaic projects.
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).
- Energy Performance Contracting (EPP).
- Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations (MD&A).
- Great experience in energy field.
- Recognition by IFLR 1000 and Chambers of one of the firm’s partners as leader lawyer in energy and infrastructure field.
- Experience in advising clients to receive financing from international institutions.
- Members of our team are actively involved with the Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy, Ministry of Non-Renewable Natural Resources, Ministry of Environment, Electric Regulation and Control Agency (ARCONEL) - formerly known as CONELEC-, the National Assembly, among others.
- Our team works along with experts in different fields to provide an integral legal counseling that allows our clients to implement their projects and operate them in accordance to the different laws and regulations.